Thursday, April 26, 2012

1 Corinthians 15:41

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine."


I could swear to you that there’s at least 4 times as many stars here as there are in Fayetteville. I get to step out of my room and look at these stars lighting my path every night; I get to gawk at their brilliance. The most beautiful thing about this sight, however, is that it’s not made for me. The sight of those beautiful stars is created for God, by God.

If someone that I care for needs something from me, I hand it over without a second thought simply because I love them and I desire to share with them. God shares these beautiful images with me, His daughter. I stood as the only one in that particular spot, on that particular night, looking at that particular sky. It was a sight that He made for himself and gave my prideful, dirty, impure eyes the chance to gaze upon. It was a moment of intimacy between He and I. It was the daddy/daughter date of the century.

I desire closeness with people. My flesh demands clarity, answers, and direction in my earthly relationships. However, my soul and heart need only one relationship. The relationship that will never abandon me, let me down, give up on me, stop caring for me, or fail. My heart needs only Him, and therefore all else that He gives me will create joy and gratefulness in my soul.

I tried to take a picture to show people back home how amazing the stars were, and even on my “Night-time Star Gazing” setting it didn’t pick up a single star. This is the camera that can pick up the smallest star in the sky on the darkest night, yet it couldn’t seem to find a single one of the brilliantly bright and overwhelming stars that were blanketing the sky. Why?

That was a moment of intimacy for my Father and I. That was a time that we got to share with each other and love each other with the greatest and closest love there is. I didn’t need a picture to share that sight with anyone else, because that was a sight that He gave to me. That was mine.

Go outside and look at the stars. Whether it be spectacularly bright, or cloudy and dim, take a moment to sit with the Lord. Take time and let Him show you a love that will sustain you for a lifetime on this imperfect planet. Let him give you a gift, because He loves you, and you are His.

Today is a day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment